November 17, 2008
WE LEFT THE SCENE
THE HOUSE IS CLEAN
YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN
BUT M Y MIND IS BLOWN
BY THE LOVE THAT WAS SHOWN
BY THE PEOPLE SARAH’S KNOWN
AND THE MONEY SPENT
WAS HEAVEN SENT
TO PAY THE RENT
LOOKING BACK, THIS WAS MEANT TO BE,
FOR SARAH’S FAMILY AND FRIENDS, YOU SEE
ALL ARE PART OF A GREAT COMMUNITY.
THANKS TO EVERYONE THAT HELPED MAKE THIS FUNDRAISER A TREMENDOUS SUCCESS
If you wish to bid by phone on one of the live auction items, you may call one of these cell phone numbers at 8:00 PM when the auction starts and make arrangements to be called back when the item you are interested in is being sold. This will let you participate in the auction action as it happens.
The event is in full swing…what a wonderful show of support from the community! We’ll be uploading pictures throughout the night. Click the photo below to visit the House Party gallery!
Especially for our remote bidders, here is the list of silent auction items with “buy it now” prices. If you would like to purchase an item for the buy it now price, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the item number, the description, and the buy it now price. Upon receiving the email, we will send a runner to the bidding area and mark the item “sold” and reply to your email. In the event that someone else has already done the “buy it now”, we will reply to your email and tell you that also.
The attached PDF file contains the full numbered list of silent auction items. At the start of the silent auction (6 p.m.) we will post the same list with “Buy it Now” prices. Look over the list, check out the photos of the items, and see what you might want to buy via email. Then just wait for the 6:00 posting of the price list and send your emails!
Here is the list of items—in order—that will be featured in the live auction, beginning tonight at 8 p.m.
- Christmas eve appearance by Santa & Mrs. Claus
- Box of Cuban Cigars
- Mille Lacs fishing trip for 2 in June 2009
- Original stained glass panel by Tonya Kjerland
- Private performance of Bonnie & the Clydes
- Dinner for 8 with the Mayor-Elect
- One dozen cookies each month for a year
- Original acrylic painting by Jill Enestvedt
- AKC registered Labrador Retriever puppy
- Framed photo by David Bowman
- 3-course Dinner for Four (everything included)
- Hand forged steel and glass lumiere by Jennifer Wolcott
- Private tasting and tour of Summit Brewery for 5 couples
- Original wearable art by Leanne Stremcha
- Ghost Tour of St. Olaf and Pizza Party for 12 in the Pause
- Two-hour holiday cocktail party
- Vegetarian Pizza Party for 6
- Specially-selected case of red & white wine flown in directly from San Mateo, CA
- Retro Trek Bicycle
November 13, 2008
You might think that you don’t need anything at the silent auction and you might think that you don’t want anything at the live auction. You might even think that you don’t have much spare money right now. Well, don’t let that keep you away. There is no cover charge, so come on down anyway. Here is how YOU can contribute. On each table, we will have a jar for spare change. Dig in that “change jar” or under the sofa cushions, or in your sock drawer, or whereever you keep all those nickels and dimes and quarters. Bring them down and put them in a jar. Whether you bring $5 or $50, you are going to help Sarah pay her mortgage for the next whole year. That is our goal and that is what we are going to do.